I have heard the story of the crucifixion ever since I was a child. Over the years, it has become become more personal – as I have realised that everything JESUS suffered, he suffered for me.
The suffering of Christ is no longer just another story…
Reading through Mark 15:1-32 (the bible) today, I was reminded once more of what JESUS did for me.
This is what he endured:-
- Gross injustice
- Extreme isolation
- False allegations
- Public humiliation
- A total loss of dignity
- A gross miscarriage of justice
- Many insults
- Physical violence without retaliating
- A mob turning against him
- Thorns piercing into the sensitive skin around his face
- His arms and legs being pierced with nails
- Being made to carry a cross through Jerusalem like a common criminal
- Being treated like a felon
- An unbearably painful death that afforded him no dignity or comfort
- Being cut off from the Father as the sins of humanity fell on him
He did this for me – and you
Surely, Christ endured hell to make heaven a reality for me.